Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ken Burns' "The National Parks - America's Best Idea

http://www.pbs.org/nationalparks/

I have always been enchanted by our National Parks but I never knew much of the history. A few months ago I went to a screening and lecture by Kens Burns as he began promoting this documentary. If you do not know him, he also did the "Jazz" series, the "Baseball" series and "Quakers" sereis, all on PBS. Being a history buff and being fascinated by the parks, this is a great medium for me. I am ridiculously excited to watch this tonight. The series willb e broken up into regions and explores the history of how the parks came to be, the stories of how they grew, stories from those who lives near or in the parks, stories from the rangers who watched that land. What's not to be excited about!?

No comments:

Post a Comment